Brigadier General Clinton CrosierDJ3 Deputy Director, Global Operations
Brig. Gen. Clinton E. Crosier is the Deputy Director, Global Operations (DJ3), Global Operations Directorate, United States Strategic Command, Offutt Air Force Base, Nebraska. As deputy director he is responsible to the Commander on matters of situational awareness, command and control and integrated plans and operations across space, nuclear, and cyber operations.
General Crosier attended Iowa State University on an Air Force ROTC scholarship. He was commissioned and entered the Air Force in 1988, after receiving a degree in aerospace engineering.
General Crosier has a broad range of experience in ICBM and space operations, including a deployment to the Middle East as the USCENTCOM, Director of Space Forces. He has served in staff assignments in the U.S. Senate, on the Secretary of the Air Force's Action Group, Headquarters Air Force Office of Legislative Liaison, the Office of the Secretary of Defense, and Headquarters Air Force Space Command. His operational commands include the 2d Space Launch Squadron, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.; 50th Operations Group, Schriever AFB, Colo.; and the 460th Space Wing, Buckley AFB, Colo. Prior to his current assignment, General Crosier served as the Director of Strategic Plans, Programs, Requirements, and Assessments, Air Force Global Strike Command, Barksdale Air Force Base, La.
1987 Bachelor of Science in aerospace engineering, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa
1990 Master of business administration, Summa Cum Laude, University of Southern Miss, Hattiesburg, Miss.
1991 Squadron Officer School, Distinguished Graduate, Outstanding Contributor, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1997 Air Command and Staff College by correspondence, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2000 Legislative Fellows Program, U.S. Senate, Washington, D.C.
2002 Air War College by correspondence, Outstanding Graduate, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2004 Master of National Security Studies, Highest Distinction, Newport, R.I.
2004 Naval War College, Distinguished Graduate, Newport, R.I.
2006 Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2007 Air Force Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, N.C.
2008 Leadership Development Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2010 National Security Management Course, Maxwell School, Syracuse University, Syracuse, N.Y.
2010 Senior Executive Fellows Program, Harvard Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Boston, Mass.
1. January 1988 - September 1991, Operations Management Officer/Squadron Section Commander, 7th Airborne Command and Control Squadron, Keesler AFB, Miss.
2. September 1991 - February 1992, Student, Undergraduate Space Training, Lowry AFB, Colo.
3. February 1992 - February 1995, Chief, Operations Plans and Requirements, Deputy Chief of Standardization and Evaluations, Flight Commander, Instructor, 3rd Space Operations Squadron, Falcon AFB, Colo.
4. February 1995 - July 1995, Student, ICBM Initial Qualification Training, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
5. July 1995 - September 1997, Operations Support Flight Commander, Instructor, Crew Commander, 320th Missile Squadron, F.E. Warren AFB, Wyo.
6. September 1997 - July 1998, Chief, Current Operations and Training, 90th Operations Support Squadron,
F.E. Warren AFB, Wyo.
7. July 1998 - January 1999, Congressional Liaison Officer, Headquarters Air Force, Office of Legislative Liaison, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
8. January 1999 - January 2000, Legislative Fellow, U.S. Senate, Washington, D.C.
9. January 2000 - July 2001, Space and Missile Advisor, Secretary of the Air Force Action Group, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
10. July 2001 - July 2003, Commander, 2d Space Launch Squadron, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
11. July 2003 - June 2004, Student, Naval War College, Newport, R.I.
12. June 2004 - May 2006, Director, Preparation and Planning, Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence, Office of the Secretary of Defense, Pentagon, Washington, D.C
13. June 2006 - July 2008, Commander, 50th Operations Group, Schriever AFB, Colo.
14. July 2008 - June 2009, Deputy Director of Plans and Programs, Headquarters, Air Force Space Command,
Peterson AFB, Colo.
15. June 2009 - May 2011, Commander, 460th Space Wing, Buckley AFB, Colo.
16. May 2011 - July 2012, Director of Space Forces, U.S. Air Forces Central, Al Udeid AB, Qatar
17. July 2012 – January 2014, Director, Strategic Plans, Programs, Requirements, and Assessments, Headquarters Air Force Global Strike Command, Barksdale AFB, La.
18. January 2014 - present, Deputy Director, Global Operations Directorate, U.S. Strategic Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. June 2004 - May 2006, Director, Preparation and Planning, Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence, Office of the Secretary of Defense, Pentagon, Washington D.C., as a colonel
2. May 2011 - May 2012, Director of Space Forces, U.S. Air Forces Central, Al Udeid AB, Qatar, as a colonel
3. January 2014 – Present, Deputy Director, Global Operations Directorate, U.S. Strategic Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit with two Oak Leaf Clusters
Bronze Star Medal
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with four Oak Leaf Clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
Combat Readiness Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Medal with Gold Border
Southwest Asia Service Medal with two devices (Desert Shield and Desert Storm)
- Aldridge Trophy as Best Space Wing in AFSPC, 2010
- Chennault Trophy as Best Operations Group in 14th Air Force, 2008
- National Reconnaissance Office Director's Gold Medal, 2006
- Reinauer Defense Economics Prize, Naval War College, 2004
- AFSPC Lance P. Sijan Leadership Winner (Senior Officer), 2003
- 90th Space Wing Staff Officer of the Year, 1997
- 320th Missile Squadron Flight Commander of the Year, 1996
- 320th Missile Squadron Company Grade Officer of the Year, 1996
- 3rd Space Operations Squadron CGO of the Year, 1994
- 3rd Space Operations Squadron Evaluator of the Year, 1993
- 28th Air Division Lance P. Sijan Leadership Award (Junior Officer), 1990
- 28th Air Division CGO of the Year, 1989
- 7th Airborne Command and Control Squadron CGO of the Year, 1989
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant September 12, 1987
First Lieutenant September 12, 1989
Captain September 12, 1991
Major September 1, 1997
Lieutenant Colonel May 1, 2001
Colonel August 1, 2005
Brigadier General June 2, 2012
(Current as of January 2014)