2010 Strategic Deterrence Symposium
Event Date: 8/11/2010 to 8/12/2010
The 2010 United States Strategic Command Deterrence Symposium, held Aug. 11, 2010, at the Qwest Center, Omaha, Neb. This annual symposium, brought together academic, government, military and international experts with the goal of exploring a broad range of deterrence issues during a single event. "Exploring the Many Facets of Deterrence " is the theme for the 2010 symposium.
Arms treaty supporters push for OK
8/12/2010 - Gen. Kevin Chilton said he knows some question whether the nuclear arms reduction treaty signed by President Barack Obama provides adequate ability to ensure Russian compliance.
Debating Space Deterrence
8/12/2010 - Lessons from the Schriever X space wargame, which took place at Nellis AFB in May, are driving some hard thinking among deterrence strategists.
My support of the new START (Sen. Ben Nelson)
8/11/2010 - Nebraska's Senator Ben Nelson addressed the U.S. Strategic Command 2010 Deterrence Symposium at the Qwest Center in Omaha.
2010 Strategic Deterrence Symposium - Panel 5 - "21st Century Security Environment and Implications for Deterrence"
Moderator: Dr. Brad Roberts, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Policy; Panelists: Dr. Sergei Rogov, Director, Institute for U.S. and Canadian Studies, Russian Academy of Sciences; Mr. Dean Cheng, Research Fellow, Asian Studies Center, The Heritage Foundation; Mr. Ian Wallace, Counsellor, Defence Policy and Nuclear, British Embassy, Washington, D.C.; Mr. Michael Elliot, SES, Deputy Director, Plans and Policy, U.S. Strategic Comman
2010 Strategic Deterrence Symposium - Perspectives on Deterrence
Kontra-Admiral Mikhail Chekmasov Mikhail Victoravic Chekmasov, Deputy Commander, General Staff, Main Operations Department
2010 Strategic Deterrence Symposium - Keynote By Dr. James Schlesinger
Dr. James Schlesinger, Chairman of the Board, The MITRE Corporation
2010 Strategic Deterrence Symposium - Panel 2 "Missile Defense: What is its Effect on Deterrence?"
Dr. Steven E. Miller, Director, International Security Program, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Lieutenant General Patrick O'Reilly, Director, U.S. Missile Defense Agency, Mr. Avi Schnurr, Executive Director, Israeli Missile Defense Agency, Brigadier General Emmanuel de Romemont, France Strategic Affairs
2010 Strategic Deterrence Symposium - Opening Remarks
General Kevin P. Chilton
- Closing Remarks - 2010 Deterrence Symposium
- Panel 7 - Contributions of the U.S. government to 21st Century National Security Strategy
- Deterrence Writing Award Presentation - 2010 Deterrence Symposium
- General Larry Welch, USAF (Ret) (Keynote) - 2010 Deterrence Symposium
- Kontra-Admiral Mikhail Chekmasov (Keynote) - 2010 Deterrence Symposium
- Panel 6 - Does Traditional Deterrence Theory Translate to the Cyber Domain? - 2010 Deterrence Symposium
- Panel 5 - 21st Century Security Environment & Implications for Deterrence - 2010 Deterrence Symposium
- Ms. Therese Delpech (Keynote) - 2010 Deterrence Symposium
- Panel 4 - U.S. Extended Deterrence Policies and Challenges for the 21st Century - 2010 Deterrence Symposium
- Panel 3 - Can Deterrence Be Maintained On The Path To Zero? - 2010 Deterrence Symposium
- Dr. James Schlesinger (Keynote) - 2010 Deterrence Symposium
- Panel 2 - Missile Defense: What is its Effect on Deterrence? - 2010 Deterrence Symposium
- Panel 1 - Does Traditional Deterrence Theory Translate to the Space Domain? - 2010 Deterrence Symposium
- Gen Kevin P. Chilton (Introduction) - 2010 Deterrence Symposium
- Sen Ben Nelson (Introduction) - 2010 Deterrence Symposium