Joint Functional Component Command for Global Strike (JFCC-GS)
Major General Stephen W. "Seve" Wilson
JFCC GS integrates all elements of military power in support of the Commander, United States Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM) global missions; synchronizes USSTRATCOM global deterrence capabilities and Department of Defense effects to combat adversary weapons of mass destruction worldwide; provides integrated global strike capabilities to deter and dissuade threats and when directed, defeat adversaries through decisive joint global kinetic and non-kinetic combat effects.
JFCC GS originated in a directive issued by the Commander, USSTRATCOM in July 2006. The USSTRATCOM JFCCs were formed to further operationalize USSTRATCOM missions and allow the Headquarters, USSTRATCOM to focus on strategic-level integration and advocacy. JFCC GS is designed to optimize planning, execution and force management for the assigned missions of deterring attacks against the United States, its territories, possessions and bases.
JFCC GS plays a critical role in integrating USSTRATCOM global capabilities into theater operations. JFCC GS provides a unique ability to command and control global strike capabilities, as well as to build a plan rapidly to integrate all military capabilities and quickly bring them to bear on the battlefield.
- Maintains the nation's strategic deterrence (nuclear) war plan
- Maintains an environment to share information, integrate effects, and synchronize ongoing operations among mission partners
- Delivers deliberate/adaptive planning products for kinetic (nuclear and conventional) and non-kinetic capabilities
- Provides rapid Course Of Action (COA) development capabilities to optimize global strike operations
- Leads Global Strike planning to deliver timely effects against fleeting or high-value targets at global ranges
- Plans and coordinates global strike objectives for Joint and Combatant Command exercises, wargames and experiments
- Leads operational integration of USSTRATCOM Headquarters, JFCCs, other combatant command activities directed toward the goal of a seamless, constant integration of processes and products to help the warfighter discover and use actionable knowledge
- Provides operational control of two Cruise Missile Support Agencies (CMSA PAC in Hawaii and CMSA LANT in Virginia)
JFCC GS is authorized 431 billets.
Current as of December 2011