How To Apply
The application process for federal employment can be more arduous than applying for work in the private sector. Don't let that discourage you from starting a career with a vital mission, supportive coworkers, and leading edge technologies at USSTRATCOM. We've put together a step-by-step overview of what you can expect in this process.
A Couple of Things to Keep in Mind:
- All USSTRATCOM applications go through USAJobs and USA Staffing. You won't be applying directly with USSTRATCOM.
- To search for jobs at our component locations, search by those geographic locations rather than using the search for "Offutt AFB". You can also search using the keyword “USSTRATCOM” and leave the location blank to find all of the command vacancies.
How to Apply (Headquarters USSTRATCOM Location)
- Visit USAJOBS - The Federal Government's Official Jobs Site.
- Type "USSTRATCOM" in the “what” block and “Offutt AFB” in the “where” block.
- You'll then see a list of vacancies with USTRATCOM in the Offutt AFB area.
Read the information in the announcements and if a particular position sounds like the work and requirements match up with what you're looking for, select Apply Now.
- If you have a USAJobs account already, login. If not, you'll be prompted to create one now.
- You'll be asked to provide personal information and develop a resume for USAJobs. This information is required in order to apply.
- Once you've created your account and resume, choose Apply.
- You'll then be redirected once again to USA Staffing, USSTRATCOM's application manager.
- Fill out the application information on USA Staffing.
Once complete, you'll be redirected to USAJobs once again before finishing the process.
- You should receive an email from USAJobs acknowledging receipt of your application.
- You'll be contacted by USAJobs, not USSTRATCOM, if you've been recommended. You can check on your resume's status by logging into your USAJobs account.
- If you're selected for an interview, you'll be contacted by a representative from USSTRATCOM.
Thank you for your interest in the United States Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM).
You are welcome to email your Department of Air Force Civilian Career inquiries (we do not have information about military or contractor positions) to firstname.lastname@example.org.