Serves as the eyes, ears, and conscience of the Commander and sustains a credible DoD IG system that ensures a mission-ready force.
- Serves as a fair, impartial, independent, and objective problem-solver
- Reports on the efficiency, discipline, morale, readiness, and training throughout the Command
- Performs the functions of Assistance, Inspection, and Investigation
- Conducts Commander, Joint Staff, and DoD-directed reviews or surveys in areas of special interest for operational matters.
- Serves as the Command action agency for the Complaints & Inquiries (C&I) and Fraud, Waste and Abuse (FWA) programs
- Observes all Service nuclear weapons inspections of CONUS units
- Monitors and reports on the Command's Intelligence Oversight programs
- As directed, inspects and assesses headquarters programs
U.S. Strategic Command
ATTN: Inspector General (J005)
900 SAC Blvd STE N3.162
Offutt AFB, NE 68113
STRATCOM IG HOTLINE: (402) 912-3228 (DSN 912)