As a civilian employee of the U.S. Air Force, you'll have access to exceptional federal benefits with a variety of plan options that rival those offered in the private sector. In addition to what's listed below, you'll have a competitive salary, continuous learning opportunities, and plenty of paid time off to help you achieve the kind of work-life balance you really want. Unlike many private sector companies, your benefits at USSTRATCOM start the minute you do. That includes retirement, health benefits, vacation and sick leave, life insurance, and more.
- Retirement: With our Thrift Savings Plan (TSP), you can build your retirement income through a program similar to a 401(k) and Social Security. TSP savings and tax benefits are as beneficial as those in the private sector, and you are fully vested right away; from the time you register, you can participate in TSP.
- Health Benefits: This program offers numerous plan choices to help you meet health care needs. Payroll deductions and the option to use pretax dollars make up this plan that covers you and your family. Coverage begins as soon as you register for benefits.
- Dental & Vision Insurance: If you participate in this program, you and your family members will be covered by group supplemental dental and vision insurance coverage. Several plans are available, and your premiums may be withheld from your salary on a pre-tax basis.
- Life Insurance: Eligible employees will receive basic life insurance and three types of optional life insurance at attractive group rates and most employees can continue their coverage after retirement.
- Long Term Care: This program helps pay for long term care services, such as home care or care in a nursing home or assisted living facility. It's the care you would need to help you perform daily activities if you had an ongoing illness or disability.
- Flexible Spending Account: You can set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for some of your medical and dependent care expenses.
For more detailed information on benefits, visit OPM's benefits page.
By working on an active-duty military installation, you will have access to a various recreational and support facilities. Some of them include:
- Fitness Centers, Swimming Pools, Golf Courses and Bowling Alleys
- Hobby Shops (Arts/Crafts, Woodworking and Automotive)
- On-base Credit Union and Bank and Child Care Facilities
- Family Support Centers, Aero Clubs, and Libraries
- Opportunities for assignments anywhere in the world
- The Armed Forces Vacation Club, which offers affordable vacation housing and amenities around the world for personnel employed by the armed services
While USSTRATCOM's headquarters is located in Nebraska, we have positions at locations across the country. Each installation offers different benefits to the people working there. Visit each of the service sites to find out more.
Only the hospital/clinic, Commissary, and Base Exchange are restricted for use by the active-duty military and their dependents.
Thank you for your interest in the United States Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM). You are welcome to email your Department of Air Force Civilian Career inquiries (we do not have information about military or contractor positions) to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can reference the "How to Apply" link for application instructions.